Success at KGD Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Licensed architect responsible for finished plans, specifications, or approval of materials and construction.
- May supervise a small staff of architects and designers.
- Supervision and guidance mainly concern overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
- Assists the Project Manager with day-to-day project coordination. Oversee the performance of individual team members in fulfilling their assigned tasks. Has ability to coordinate multiple projects at one time. Provides leadership to in-house project team by coordinating and motivating members of the design team, provides effective problem solving in addressing project challenges by providing solutions that are consistent with the service philosophy of the firm and the goals of the project.
- Must be capable of adding value to the development of design studies and must possess an understanding of design intent to enhance the consistency and quality of design as technical issues are resolved.
- Must have the ability to put together a complete set of construction documents and develop details for project components as assigned. Displays full knowledge and use of KGD standards and is as equally responsible as the PM for team adherence to the standards.
- Has ability to administer construction administration services under the direction, and in coordination with, KGD’s Construction Administrator. Has knowledge to review and approve shop drawings. Produces ASI’s, bulletins, addenda and responds to RFI’s or leads other team members through process.
- Has working knowledge of consultants (structural, civil, M.E.P., etc.) documents; is responsible for the coordination of all consultant documents.
Has working knowledge of the codes and zoning laws affecting the design and documentation of their projects. This person is responsible for all code and zoning reviews.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Serves as a role model for junior staff.
- Displays ability to coordinate with others, contributes to office knowledge and spirit in specific ways. Helps the Project Manager to resolve team conflicts when they arise; conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Displays the desire to advance skills, contribute positively to projects and take ownership of tasks and assignments.
- Displays an ability to articulate well in both verbal and written communication; comfortable presenting information to clients and other parties; is able to play an active role in client and team meetings.
- Able to maintain relationships with clients, vendors and consultants; maintains client loyalty.
- Continues to increase knowledge base to remain current in the industry. Shows commitment to one’s own education and advancement by seeking and completing training and education.
- Certificates + Licenses: AIA & LEED (or similar)
- Technology: Must be proficient in Revit, Sketch-up, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)