KGD Architecture was asked to take a comprehensive view of Southern Wilmington as the City expands across the Christina River. The task is to begin thinking about transforming an old industrial and ship building area of the City into a new bustling neighborhood with community access to the water, flourishing business, and desirable residences.
Key features in the Master Plan are:
1. Maximize land value through road placement, open space, cultural facilities, and density.
2. Continue the commercial spine from the north of historical Market Street.
3. Connect across the river to the Riverfront to ensure economic viability.
4. Create dense urban center at commercial cross street.
5. Connect to the City’s new natural park system.
3 million+ SF
DATE OF COMPLETION
The Buccini/Pollin Group, Inc.